Super Contributor
LaylasMommy1014
Re: Dye your hair when pregnant??? Yes or no?
[ Edited ]

Ah no honey!! You are fine!!

Its better to get highlights done than dying it though while PG. My OB told me it was ok to do so.. I got mine done and my baby girl is just fine :smileyhappy:  Always CALL YOUR OB and ask.. I learned early on that the nurses and doctors have heard it all before so no question is silly, especially if you are worried about something is safe or not.. so go ahead and call to double check.

My OB told me that the highlights were better than dying your hair because its not as much and the fact that the dye never really comes into contact with your skin. I have highlights anyway, so that worked for me. I also contacted my hairstylist and asked her if it was safe as well. She said it was, AND she had the courtesty to keep a fan on me to keep the fumes away. <3  Hey..this could be your excuse to get something new done!

Men are crazy sometimes.. lol My husband was the same way, but he was there when i asked the dr and my hair stylist. I got my hair done twice when i was PG. Once at 2 months, and once at 6, I was going to get it done again right before I was due, but they kept telling me I could  "go into labor at any minute" so I was terrified to be sitting there with foil in my hair and then have my water break. :smileyhappy:

♥ Brie ♥
My NFP Chart
Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
**Kasey.. 01/07/2003-12/24/2012. You were my heart, my soul, and my whole world, cancer may have taken you from me, but you'll never be forgotten. I have your pawprints forever on my heart.**