New Contributor
masastanis
Re: How late is too late for bedtime on the weekends?
Does she homeschool her boys? Do they appear to get enough sleep and are healthy boys? If you answered yes to any one of these questions, then the answer to your question is this: it is absolutely NONE of your business. She is raising HER children as she believes works for them and you are raising yours as how you believe is best for you and your family. That being said, there is a time when parental neglect is an issue and something needs to be addressed - but not by you. Instead, it needs to be handled by your local family and children's services department and you can call them and make an anonymous complaint. But uh...I wouldn't be your friend anymore. I have mom friends and we ALL respect each other for how we all parent differently based on our individual values, beliefs, and needs - as individuals and as a family group. You should do the same. I have seen families with small children and school age children out on the ball fields until 9 and 10 o'clock at night - I don't like it, but I know it isn't their fault when practices don't start until 7 or 8 pm so that the coaches have time to get home from work. How would you like it if someone criticized you for your parenting choices? You probably wouldn't like it and wish that friend or person who questioned your choices would keep their nose out of it. Sincerely - a mother of six - four boys: 2, 10, 12, and 17 and two girls: 3 and 15 whose youngest kids are sometimes up pretty late because of the needs of OUR family - they still get plenty of sleep and are healthy.