Occasional Visitor
jmpelletteri
Re: Trying to decide y/n on a second...
I am battling the same scenario. The only difference is that I want a second child but want to be done having kids by the time I'm 30ish (I'm 29 now) which means getting pregnant SOON. The catch is that my husband is not ready for a second kid (our first is turning 4 in March). My feeling is that if you have been contemplating having a second, have one if everything else is right; it would be great for the first to have a sibling. I have heard that having a second child is easy because you are already accustomed to parenthood.

My concerns with having another kid are: am I willing to give up part of my time with kid #1 for a second? Am I willing to give up sleeping through the night? Am I willing to give up the ease/independence of getting ready and out of the house on time?

There are pros and cons to both sides. I think if you are willing to make sacrifices for the negative aspects for a few more years, go for it; it would be great for the first to have a sibling and someone to be with when they are older and out of the house.

Best of luck with your decision.
Posted from Apple iPhone