Contributor
VLCenter
Working Parents & Taking Care of Child!!!

Sometimes we all become so busy that we lack time to spend with our kids and it's not good though but the circumastances make me so. What all things I should do to keep my kid feel that inspite of all my work I do care and look for him?

ModChristine
Re: Working Parents & Taking Care of Child!!!

Make sure the time you spend with him is quality time.  If you are with him, put the phone down, don't be distracted and give him your full attention.  Good quality time together can make a huge difference in how he feels. :smileyhappy:

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Regular Contributor
HostTammy

My husband works 40 plus hours a week. He often feels left out. The truth is he is better than I am about making every moment count. He gets the biggest greeting when he gets home from work. He spends a few minutes in his office, changes his clothes and then he attends to the kids.

The small amout of time that he spends after work with the kids, throwing a ball, sometimes homework or just catching up on the days events makes a huge impact. It doesn't have to be huge amounts of time, just undivided attention makes a big impact.

Tammy

Contributor
firstschool01

Watching a baby grow, caring for it and loving it is in itself an awesome experience. However, it's not possible for all working parents to spend so much time with their kids. A little tweaking with your own schedules can help you balance your career along with this wonderful experience. For instance, if both you and your spouse have day jobs try and move at least one of your shifts to the night slot.

lifelevesscars

Have you heard of Inspire Conversation yet? It's a great resource full of parenting tips and inspirational material for kids aiming to help build better conversations between families. I've found it very helpful in your situation and hopefully you do, too. : )