Community Manager
Emmys_Mom
Re: First Birthday Party!!

I went with an owl theme for my daughter's first birthday, which went along with the owl theme we have in the nursery. We had a cake made that was the centerpiece of the decor, along with some balloon bunches. The color scheme was yellow, green, pink and brown. I ordered a t-shirt from Etsy that had an owl, the #1 and my daughter's name embroidered on it.

We had about 20 people at our house - mostly family and a few friends. There were only 2 other kids at the party, so I decided against making party favors. My daughter isn't shy, but she was confused about why everyone was watching her and telling her to smash the cake in her face!

One thing I DO NOT recommend. We had her 1-year vaccines the day before her party. She ended up being fussy the morning of the party and refused to nap until about 45 minutes before the party started - way past her usual nap time! The next day she was in a much better mood.

Good luck planning your daughter's party. I think as long as you put a few personal touches on the party it doesn't matter how elaborate the decor is or how many people are there.