Community Manager
Emmys_Mom
Re: Any tips?

Hi Brooke,

My daughter is now 16 months old and I definitely tried to get as much information as possible while I was pregnant. At the start of the pregnancy I signed up for a weekly pregnancy newsletter and over the next few months I also spent a lot of time and reading others' pregnancy questions and reading "mom blogs." The hospital where I delivered held free classes on topics like labor and delivery, breastfeeding, and infant care, so I took all the classes offered. After I delivered my daughter, the nurses at the hospital were also REALLY helpful. The discharge nurse even gave me a list of questions and asked if there were any I'd like her to run through. So of course I checked off almost everything :smileyhappy:

For the most part, all of these things helped make me an informed mom-to-be. However, a few times I found myself on information overload. During these moments I took a step back from all my researching and tried to focus on the present - spending quality time with my husband and friends before our new arrival.

Happy information seeking!