New Contributor
teresa.mcclenny
Re: How did you find out?

1. Planned, but a surprise.

2.  We had been trying for a year and a half. I was diagnosed with polycystic overian syndrome and had come to terms with the fact that I may never get pregnant again.  I had taken Clomid to get my cycle regular and improve my chances.  After having the side effect of losing my sex drive, I stopped taking it.

About 3 month after taking it, I felt like total crap one weekend.  I took a home pregnacy test on Saturday and it was negative.  By Wed.  I still didn't feel right, all I wanted to do was sleep and I felt sick to my stomach.  So, I went to my primary care dr. because I thought that I had become diabetic.  She did a pee test, to rule out pregnacy and a UTI.  When she came back in, she said that she found out what was wrong with me.  She held up the positive test and it took me a few seconds to realize what she was telling me.  I started to cry and couldn't stop.  She was like, so are you happy?  I informed her that I was happy, but my best friend had to have a DNC earlier that week.  This was her 3rd misscarrage.  The second one happened 1 month prior to me getting pregnant with my first child.  So, very glad to finally be pregnant, just hate the timing.