11-15-2013 06:32 AM
So, had an ultrasound done yesterday. My doctor was concerned about my placenta being low. I did a little research before my appointment about why it might be low. Found out that it could be placenta previa. The ultrasound showed that my placenta is really close to my cervix and that it will be up to my doctor whether it we will be having our baby by c-section or if it is safe to deliver naturally. I'm hoping naturally because I was really wanting to have no anesthetics with this delivery. We find out Monday what the decision will be. A little nervous.
12-04-2013 08:53 AM
Well, they are going to go ahead and do another ultrasound at my 38 week appointment which is 3 weeks away. I asked Dr what would happen if I went into labor before then, she said that we would go ahead to be on the safe side and do a c-section. Usually, moms and I would be wanting to encourage to have our babies as soon as they are ready but I'm hoping mine takes his sweet time to at least wait after we have the ultrasound. Still nervous about having a c-section but I know no matter what, he'll be healthy and we will both be safe. Still have my fingers crossed about vaginal delivery.