Frequent Visitor
Missswiss19
Re: New Mom2B seeking opinions about vaccines
Dear,
Where can you get the individual Pertusis, measles, rubella, or mumps vaccines?
Posted from Apple iPad
New Contributor
faerieautumn13
Posted from Apple iPhone
New Contributor
dnylbaskerville
Marykayf-if an infant hasn't received lets say measels shot yet, and an older unvaccinated child has been exposed to it, maybe not showing symptoms yet, plays with the baby then the baby is at risk of catching it. The older child's immune system will fight back better against the disease, but the baby's immune system will struggle or worse they could die. Having older children with vaccines protect babies until they can receive vaccines. Eventually, most diseases can be eradicated, but that can't happen if we still have a population of unvaccinated people who are vulnerable and passing a disease along. I guess I should be asking ever child who looks at my baby if they're up to date on their shots, maybe adults, too, since more and more people seem to choosing not to vaccinate. Its the poor unvaccinated children who will be hurt the most.
Posted from Samsung SGH-T959V
Regular Visitor
MartitaMB
Spread vaccines for all my children too, and no flu shots.
Posted from Apple iPod Touch
am_buhman1

I chose not to vaccinate my youngest but do breastfeed.  the reason for not vaccinating my youngest is due to all the allergies and sicknesses my other kids have as well as the fact that I have hashimotos which is an over active immune system.

Visitor
callisonleslie
The thing I have not read yet is anyone having problems with the schools because my 7 th grader was all the sudden not able to return to school unless she was vaccinated with something they had just came out with. What about that. Now I'm 36 and having a Nother baby I'm very scared to get my baby vaccinated because I have a friend who has a son now 8 with severe autism. He was a happy healthy baby until his later vaccine, not only that but I hear these cases more now than ever. I have a 18,14, and a12 year old who all had there vaccines and they all have no health problems or anything. So I am very worried about what's in those vaccines these days. My sister is all about organics and tells me all kinds of things about monsonto. It scares me to the core. I believe what she researches because it all makes sence. I believe our children are being poisoned to live shorter lives, because this world is so overpopulated along with many other reasons that I can go on forever.
Posted from Apple iPhone
New Contributor
teenangelny

Callisonleslie, I understand your concern about autism- it's a very complex diagnosis. But more evidence is coming out that it's genetically related and there's even more evidence that vaccines have no connection to autism. If you want the informationt hat proves that, I'd be more than glad to show you.
In regards to your 7th grader, do you know what vaccine they need? I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about the schedule. 

Good luck with your pregnancy!