Super Contributor
LaylasMommy1014
Re: Endometriosis and trying to conceive

Hi Danielle! Im 25 and I had endometriosis as well! I had the laparoscopy in 2008. The surgery is NOTHING to be scared of! Its minimally invasive. You will bleed (like a period) for a week afterwords, and as for pain wise post op, I was sore for 3 days, but not debilitatingly, just like i had done a bunch of stomach crunches a few days prior..so it was more like a muscle sore. I didnt even need the pain meds they gave me and I am nottttt good with pain! I had no cramps to very light slight cramps when AF came for about a year afterwords, and they were much more bareable as well as time progressed. I was 19 and still a virgin at the time of my surgery, so I can't say how quickly it affects fertility. I opted to stay on birth control to keep my cramps down and to prevent the endometriosis from returning, and in Sept. 08, I met the man who is now my husband. :smileyhappy:

In November 2011,  I finished my last pack of birth control and we begun to TTC, My ob and regular pcp told me to not worry about getting pregnant for at least a year, because thats the amount of time it can take for healthy couples. My daughter was concieved 4 days after my OB/GYN told me this statement..I had to call them two weeks later with a BFP. lol. I also saw a maternal fetal medicine doctor for prenatal testing, and he was floored at the fact that i had endo and concieved without any issues. however, I dont think he realized I had had the laparoscopy.

So once you have the laparoscopy, I would guess that endometriosis is no longer a hinderance to your fertility.. it took me 45 days to concieve my daughter. :smileyhappy: I hope that helps you out some to give you some hope and relief. Endometriosis is definitely NOT an issue once you have it removed. I highly recommend the laparoscopy be done though for your comfort in particular. chances are as well that you had it before your first daughter was born 5 years ago (which childbirth clears the endo out naturally as well) so it probably wasnt a hinderance. :smileyhappy: I really hope that helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask, I'll try to help answer

♥ Brie ♥
My NFP Chart
Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
**Kasey.. 01/07/2003-12/24/2012. You were my heart, my soul, and my whole world, cancer may have taken you from me, but you'll never be forgotten. I have your pawprints forever on my heart.**