armywifey26
I'm 7 days late,need some advice
So my husband and I were not trying to conceive because we had a baby boy 10 months ago,so we are usually very careful. He was about to leave for a 6 week mission and we had unprotected sex on the last day of my period. About 5 days later I started getting ovulation type cramps and they never really went away and about 5 days after that I got a light brown discharge for a day( I have never had any spotting before so it took me by surprise) ..anyway fast forward to about a week ago,I started getting period cramps and running to the bathroom thinking I just got it and it hasn't come yet. I have cramps all the time,I'm feeling bloated and have near constant headaches and peeing every hour on the hour. My period is 7 days late, but the last 3 tests I took we're negative? Anyone had the same thing?could I be pregnant and it's not picking it up yet?
Posted from Apple iPad
amfeizi84
Re: I'm 7 days late,need some advice
Hi sweetie....well im a week and two day late...i honestly fely different since 3 days after husband and I had sex...i had symptoms also...my tummy felt so weird....and it is possible for a women to have pregnancy symptoms very early way before implantation because there is hcg in ur system after conceiving just cant detect it ....then after implantation more comes our way lol that can be detected sweetie....anyway it also helps when one is intune with her own body because it just helps in reconizing the changez thats happening within....
Ok and way about 12 dpo, which would also be a week before expected period i started bleeding bright light- medium blood........also known as active bleeding....newer studies show that not all women have implantation bleeding or not all have just brown spotting....it can be bright red..just means implantation is fresh....just made lol....anyway i just knew that was not my period...it was a week early and lasted only a day and a half....it just was not the norm....my cycle is 33 and period last always 5 days...oh and a week later no period came around at all......my tummy has been feeling weird.....my body aches like i ran some marathon....lol....short of breath.....my diet even changed on me.....im emotional....i cry over commercials lol....felt nausea for a whole day...( ginger helped by the way)...also headaches im getting on regular basis....mild ones now..and i never get headaches or any of these symptoms no matter wht.....even when i have my period in the past i never had cramps or anything which is wht makes this sooo weird...oh and most importantly im missing one thing from here lol yup i still dont have the beauty of the pee stick with my positive....lol....but im not worried because every women is different and hormones do really vary.....my blood test even came out negative.....ive heard of lots of cases where hcg just doesnt show till later...no test is gusranteed...also male gender takes longer for hcg to kickin at times ....there is sooo much of our bodies we or doctors even scientist dont understand yet......instincts is always the jewel though.....oh by the way i ovulated i believe the 2 nd week of june....my last period was may 30th.....also ive had lots of white creamy cm and some snot like cm for weeks now def not ovulation.....also i decided to take an ovulation test just for fun this past week...lol..i love science.....biology.....so im a week late and have been having dark positive ovulation test results ...darker then the control line....if anyone understands biology they will know that this makes sense......ovulation test can also detect hcg not only lh because these two hormones are similar in the sense that they both have glycoprotien therefore the ovulation test cannot differentiate from the two so it detects either or.....now its up to u to do the math of expected period and when u think u ovulated just makes it easier to detectpreg......this is way more sensitive test .....realistically the truth about the preg h g test are not really that sensitive....if u really dig in there and read the right source it will tell u there scams basically and you should really wait atleat a week to two weeks after missed period....because hcg does really vary in each women.....but ovulation test works..
Sometime you habe to think outside the box....anyway sweetie i wish u the best...hope to hear any new updates...take care
Posted from Coolpad 5860
Regular Contributor
HostTammy

It is possible to have a false negative. The best thing to do is make a doctor appointment and discuss your concerns.

Also, stress is major cause of missed or delayed periods. Stress interferes with the normal hormonal signals from your brain and it can block ovulation.

Hope this helps. Let us know what you find out.

Tammy

sashaw2000
Hi, im sophie oxfay and im 15 nearly 16. I was at my boyfriends house for tea and his parents went out to buy some tea, they called and said they would be a while coz of traffic. We decided to make the most of our time and have sex. He used a condom so we thought it would be safe. About 3 days later i started getting belly cramps and needing to pee more often. I called my boyfriend and told him so he brought over some tests. He brought 4 and i did them all and 3 were negative and 1 was posotive. I wasnt quite sure if i was pregnant so we went to the doctors and they gave me an appointment and they gave me an ultra sound and i was pregnant. That is my experience so i hope it helps you xx
Posted from RIM BlackBerry 9320
ModChristine

Are your periods normally pretty regular and on time?

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Regular Contributor
cassie186

Are you breastfeeding? 

The reason I ask is because I'm also breastfeeding and we had an encounter that we weren't horribly careful with (we didn't want a baby yet, lol, DD2 was only 7 1/2 months old) because we figured my period was going to start very soon and I had some spotting a couple weeks before and sometimes you spot when you ovulate, and that was 2 weeks so no way I could get pregnant, right? LOL

Well fast forward two weeks later I had a positive pregnancy test and my period was 3 weeks late. The big catch though is that according to dates I should have been 8 weeks pregnant but I was really only 4, which was why even though my period was late it took so long to get a positive test.

Your body could have done the same thing as mine (ovulate, then ovulate again without a period inbetween is really common while breastfeeding according to my midwife). If your period doesn't start in the next week I would POAS again.