ModChristine
First Time Moms

Hi ladies!  I thought it might be nice to start a thread where first time Moms can post their pregnancy questions for "veteran" Moms to answer.  I know I had a ton of questions when I was pregnant with my first and some seemed too silly to ask my Doctor.  So, I asked on here and always got great answers from other Moms!  Feel free to post your questions for other Moms to answer!

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Occasional Visitor
desixoxoxoxo
Re: First Time Moms
Does anything help with morning sickness? Mine lasts almost all day, it's awful.
Posted from Samsung SGH-I727
Regular Contributor
HostTammy

I'm not sure who came up with the title morning sickness, because it lasted all day for me as well.

There are so many things that are rummored to help but I believe it is very individual. During one of my pregnancies, ginger snaps were my go to snack that sort of made me feel better :smileyhappy:

Here are a few links you might find helpful:

http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/my-body/morning-sickness/morning-sickness/

http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/my-body/aches-pains/checklist-morning-sickness-survival-kit/

Congratulations on your pregnancy :smileyhappy:

Tammy

ModChristine
[ Edited ]

I agree, mine was all day sickness...no "morning only" about it.  For me, my go-to was saltines and ginger ale.  I do know if it gets bad enough your doctor can prescribe something that is safe for baby.  You may want to mention it to him/her at your next visit or by calling the office.  Feel better! 

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
psychgal

A few things that help me that generally are not on the typical morning sickness lists:

- Lemon scented products (I carry a small container of The Body Shop's Lemon Body butter and sniff it when I get really sick in my stomach)  I had read this tip on some pregnancy board with my first child and swear by it!

-Trader Joe's Triple Ginger Snaps.  they have three types of ginger in the cookie and are the strongest I can find.  I found they worked much better than plain old ginger ale or regular store ginger snaps.  

paige.leona
Try vitamin b 6, 25 mg three times a day. The doctor can prescribe you something too!
Posted from HTC ADR6425LVW
Occasional Contributor
lovemypriceboys
First Time Moms
[ Edited ]

I'll second the vitamin b 6!