Frequent Visitor
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎09-03-2013
Re: Feeding Difficulties

Along with what someone else said previously about checking on his diet, ask to be referred to a Speech-Language Pathologist.  They can do a swallow study and an evaluation on him to see if he is able to control and manipulate various consistencies of liquids and solids safely and correctly.  They should also be able to recommend different nipples that might help him take his bottles better.  If your doctor does not give you a recommendation, you can call your state's Early Childhood Intervention program and ask for him to be evaluated for a feeding difficulty. These services should be at no cost to families.  Good luck I hope you get the help that you and your little man need!