Occasional Contributor
southerngirl39
Re: Amnio?

Wow! Thank you SO much!  Your response actually DID make me feel better!!  I know it is just me listening to all the 'hype' (not that things CAN'T go wrong, but still, I feel like my doc and all that I read on the internet is so negative and too focused on it!). 

So did you have an amnio w/ your first, if you don't mind me asking? You can tell me it's none of my business and I won't take offense. :smileyhappy:  I have already told one friend that while I appreciate her advice, I would rather she just let me enjoy my pregnancy,so I know what it's like to have someone asking a personal question  you may not want to answer, especially someone in an online forum!!

Yeah, I've been thinking too of alot of women in their 40s who have been just fine and their babies have been just fine as well.  I mean, my husband and I were thinking that it must have been easier to have babies 50 years ago because they didn't have all this 'knowledge' (which sometims I think is too much).

I mean heck, my grandmother had all three of her children after age 41, and that was in the 1940s!  And our parents probably smoked and drank when they were pregnant with us, and ate tuna out of a can, and had coffee and wine, etc.  I mean who knows...........

I just am so tired of the worry already........I want to ENJOY my pregnancy!!!

Best of luck to you and thanks for the encouraging words.