Occasional Contributor
baby_girl_17007
Re: Doing this alone - I'm scared
The best thing you can do is have a good support group. Family and friends but mostly family to turn to when you need help or a break. If you don't have that then I would say look into daycare or a sitter to help if you feel overwhelmed. Always sleep when baby sleeps if u can for first few weeks and eventually you can get house work done as your child sleeps. Having a routine secdule will be helpful but don't worry it won't come easy if the baby isn't willing to for a few months maybe more for some. So don't stress.
Try to save as much money as u can now before baby comes will be useful for emergency runs for diapers and other things. And stock up on diapers if u can a bit before but of different sizes some kids grow fast. My son went from premie clothes and diapers to size four dipers by the time he was four months. Second hand stores like goodwill and garage sales plus craigslist and some online Facebook groups can be helpful to find baby times for cheap and in good condition some sell a lot of clothes for a good price. You don't need much in the beginjng weeks of baby but help full to have bath time stuff and for sure a thermometer or two one for diperbag another for baby's room. You can get a crib but I found a pack and play to be the most useful for almost a yr . Easy to set up and can be moved if you go anywhere or for grandmas house. Always remember to take some time for yourself if u can to make things easier.
I hope that helps you out.. I'm.a single mom with a son that's 20 months and have one due in may my kids dad took off too and wasn't around much for support and now is totally gone. Biggest worry I had was support money and how am I to do this alone . I also worried what to tell the child .. totally up to you when kid is older you can choose to tell them what happened and show a pic of the father if they want to see. But by then I bet the child will have a attachment to their grandfather or uncle or maybe even your new bf to look up to as a father figure in life with male bonding time. Everything will be OK one step and day at a time.
Posted from Motorola XT901