New Contributor
same2727
Re: Has anyone delivered 'Natural' Med Free?

I had an epidural with all 3 of my boys and the experience seemed to get worse each time. With my 1st my heart rate and blood pressure dropped drasticly along with the babies after the epidural. I was given so much of the epidural i couldnt feel a thing not even the urge to push like your supposed to. With my second I had horrible back pain after the epidural that took about a month to ease and to this day still have back pain. When I went into labor with my 3rd I was already 4 1/2 cm and 80% thined out. My contractions were very mild and i felt i was ok and didnt need anything. I suffer from anxiety so its hard to stay calm sometimes, the nurses kept urging me to get the epidural before the contractions started getting bad, and that fed my anxiety. I got the epidural when i didnt need it. I had horrible back pain from it agian and come to find out I had  pulled muscles in back along with a horrific bruise on my back. I could have definately had my 3rd without medicine i do believe, after the epidural my son was born less than 45 minutes later. My labor progressed very quickly. I am currently pregnant with my 4th baby and I fully plan to go all natural as long as everything goes ok and there are no emergency procedures needed. Whatever any woman chooses to do is just fine every person feels differently and has different experiences. Do what feels right for you. One persons good experience or bad experience isnt the same as the next persons. Good Luck and God Bless!