brenna113
Re: Has anyone delivered 'Natural' Med Free?
Hi, good luck no matter what you choose, there isn't a right or wrong way, just what's right for you. I had both my girls naturally without any pain medication. Both were in the hospital because I am Type1 diabetic so I was considered high risk. My fist daughter was even induced because of my diabetes. Even with the pitocin it was bearable. I'm not going to sugar coat it, it hurts. But like it was said in another post. Childbirth is what our bodies are made to do. And once you're to the pushing stage the pain isn't so bad. I only took the normal childbirth prep class that was offered in the hospital. But I am pretty well read on the topic of childbirth, as far as biology is concerned. My advise if you choose to go natural is just to trust your body and trust in your strength. Talk, talk, talk to your OB about what you want to make sure they're on board, and so they can calm any nerves you may be having. It's painful but beautiful, and it doesn't last forever. My girls were both full term 7lbs 21inches and 8.01lbs and 20.75 inches. Also, I don't know if this is too much information, but I had an episiotomy with my first, tore with my second and I didn't feel a thing. If the topic presents itself I suggest going with the episiotomy. It healed much quicker and was a less painful recovery. Which I found funny because a lot of the things I read on the topic suggested that a natural tear would heal better. But either way, both times I was up and walking around the delivery room a matter of minutes after the doctors and nurses finished cleaning up. Took a shower within the hour after too. Being mobile afterward was really nice. It was funny to see the nurses faces too! Every one would come rushing to me saying no! Don't walk! Then another nurse or I would say I went natural and then everyone would relax. I might have a strange sense of humor, but it made me giggle. Good luck to you and Congratulations!
Posted from Apple iPhone