Visitor
hellodollydolly
Re: Has anyone delivered 'Natural' Med Free?

Naturaly delivery is hard but I would not have it any other way.  I have had eight healthy, safe, natural home births and I have never regretted it.  They are truly beautiful!  First and foremost I would say it's a mental thing above all.  If you are determined to do it you will.  It helps to have a good coach or dula along with your partner.  Not everyone is a candidate for a home birth so to go that route you would need to have a pretty low risk pregnacy.  It is totally safe to give birth without meds.  I know they say that the meds don't hurt the baby, but I'm not buying it.  The meds in no way help the baby.  I am of a firm belief that it is mind over matter.  Take some sort of childbirth class to help you learn how to cope.  One of the best things I learned from my childbirth class is this. You and your partner hold a piece of ice in your hand and don't let go until you seriously can't hold it anymore.  While holding it, focus on relaxing and breathing through the pain of the ice cube in your hand.  You'd be surprised how long you can really hold it.  It's a great excercise to practice throughout pregnacy to help prepare your technique.  I say more power to you and remember mind over matter!  Handling natural labor is all in your mind and in your relaxation  technique.