Occasional Contributor
rhelenb
twins
I will be 42 when I deliver twins . June11 is my due date... . any other first time moms w/similar situations?
Posted from Samsung SGH-T989
Occasional Contributor
shanita.franks83
Re: twins
I'm expecting twins also due 6/2/14!!! My husband & I already have 3 kids 2 girls & 1 boy.. This pregnancy had been totally different than the others but we are excited as well as the kids!!! & Congratulations !!!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Occasional Contributor
rhelenb
congratulations to you too! how is it different? I have nothing to compare... I think I've been pretty lucky so far. Nauseous but not throwing up and tired. I hear that will get better now I'm heading into trimester 2...
Occasional Contributor
twins61604

I am first time too, with twins due this June 18.  I will be 33 when they're born.  We were a little surprised that it is twins - but I admit to hoping for twins.  I have nothing to compare it to, but I will say, I'm already showing which I've heard is normal with twins. 

timestwo
Occasional Contributor
rhelenb
congratulations! I'm showing too but its nice to hear that you're in the same boat... I wasn't too surprised to see twins on that ultrasound. I have lots of twins in my family and we succeeded through IVF... I am super excited but a little nervous about handling 2 infants... and then down the road - toddlers!
Occasional Contributor
rhelenb
congratulations! I'm showing too but its nice to hear that you're in the same boat... I wasn't too surprised to see twins on that ultrasound. I have lots of twins in my family and we succeeded through IVF... I am super excited but a little nervous about handling 2 infants... and then down the road - toddlers!
Occasional Contributor
twins61604

These two aren't IVF - but my husband has twins in his family.  I think these babies are fraternal, so still surprising, but i guess we'll find out for sure on delivery day!

If it helps, I've been reading "The Everything Twins Triplets & More" by Pamela Fierro.  It's pretty good so far - not all worry or stress filled - just basics.  I'm still trying to figure out how to nurse two at once, but there is thankfully a class locally I can take that may help.  I'm also considering those Itzbeen Baby Care Timers.  A lot of people like phone apps for newborns, but not sure if they work well w/ twins.  Toddlers - I'm just praying my Sister In Law moves here with her 4 older kids.  Also check out if there's a Mothers of Multiples MOM group in your area.  Best wishes and keep posting!

timestwo