Occasional Contributor
ktsax745
Re: First Prenatal Visit

I unfortunately have ADHD, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia but have not had any symptoms of the RA or Fibo since I have been pregnant. So I feel for you.  Well, since you asked there has been something that has been bothering me and I’m not sure if it’s something or nothing.

I found out that I was pregnant before my missed period because of the ovulation testing but did not feel pregnant. About 2 weeks ago I was exhausted all of the time and could hardly keep my head up, I thought that it might also have something to do with the fact that I stopped taking my ADHD meds, then started the morning sickness, smell aversions, cravings, bloating, tender breasts, cramping and a very bad back pain in my lower left side. My doc put me on diclegis for the nausea and after using it 2 or 3 times I haven’t really had any issues. But A Lot of my issues seem to have stopped. No more sickness, nausea here and there, no real smell aversions, no more bloating, no more cramps, I’m still tired but managing ok, I still have some cravings, , breasts are still VERY tender, and that pain in my lower back is pretty intense but that’s it.

I thought that something was wrong and took another pregnancy test and it immediately said I was still pregnant. The doctors told me before I got pregnant that due to my health issues and weight ( I was under 110lbs) that I would probably have a hard time conceiving and that if I did conceive that I had a high risk of miscarriage. But the very next month after stopping the pill I got pregnant. When I told my doc he was happy but seemed concerned.

So I guess my question is why don’t I feel pregnant anymore? I thought once you had morning sickness that it lasted more than a few days …. Am I making a big deal out of nothing?  Sorry to vent this all on here …. I’m just hoping someone can shed some light on all of this.