Contributor
greeneyes4984
shortness of breath

Hello,

I'm 11 wks and experiencing shortness of breath when talking is anyone having the same issue?

Occasional Contributor
lillygirl420
Re: shortness of breath
[ Edited ]

Yes!  I can't walk up the stairs without being completely out of breath.  I also notice it sometimes while talking as well.  It's really annoying.  I can't talk on the phone and do something at the same time without breathing all hard into the phone.  Lol.  Yuck.  I can't remember exactly where I read this, but I do remember reading something about it being due to an increase in your blood volume. Apparently your blood volume will increase by 50% during pregnancy which in turn, makes your heart work harder, etc, etc.  You may want to do your own research because at this point I've read so much, it is possible that it is all blurring together.

Good luck!

Contributor
greeneyes4984
Hi i read the same thing last night. pregnancy is a funny thing. its crazy how much our bodies change, but i love it. i actually just got off of the phone with my OB and he says that its more commen than we think that being out of breath while talking or while doing actiivty is normal and expected.
Regular Contributor
cassie186

It is something you'll want to bring up with your doctor. You shouldn't feel out of breath while talking and doing normal activities. Later on shortness of breath is normal because the baby is pushing up on your lungs and your lungs can't fill up with as much air. However it could mean that your iron is too low and you are anemic.

Occasional Contributor
lillygirl420
[ Edited ]

Hey!  I just read this and thought of this thread.  You may find this link helpful:  http://www.parents.com/advice/pregnancy-birth/my-pregnant-body/how-can-i-avoid-breathlessness-during...

Super Contributor
alix_michelle
I get short of breath walking and going up the stairs. I have to walk really slow for it to not get too bad. The shortness of breath while talking isn't so bad.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Posted from Apple iPad
Contributor
greeneyes4984

I know the feeling. Its even worse when talking and walking. I get fraustrated when i'm on my cell and I have to stop and take a deep breathe so that i can continue. i was worried at first because i've never had that issue before but the doctor said that it's perfectly normal. its part of the package deal :womanhappy: