creyes1976.cr

working mom and pregnant

So I'm 37 going on 38 I have a 3 1/2 yr old and I'm 10 weeks pregnant. I'm tired, crabby and very emotional. I was on anti depressents and meds for anxiety but had to stop, I also had to stop smoking. I'm so tired and feel like, an I crazy! What was I thinking? ! Then I feel Happy, Happy my son will have a sibling. Happy that my family will expand. .. I don't recall all these emotions while pregnant with my first, nor do I recall being to tired, and I'm hungry! Does anyone relate?
Posted from Samsung SGH-I727
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shari15011

Re: working mom and pregnant

I'm 39 going on 40 (probably before baby's born) and pregnant with my 3rd daughter. My first two are much older, though. I'm tired, crabby and very emotional, too. The teenager, the husband, the employer, the house, the bills -  all need so much from me, so I know how you feel when you wonder if you're going crazy. Working and taking care of your family while pregnant can be very stressful. I wasn't on meds for anxiety before, but I have a feeling I should have been. If you were, I think it's important that you talk to your doctor about your concerns. Talking about it here is a great start, though. Keep your chin up and keep thinking those happy thoughts. I know firsthand how hard this is! Believe me, I'm very much looking forward to holding my new baby girl and enjoying that maternity leave with her.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
KristinGR9782

You might want to do some research for natural anxiety relievers. Check with your local natural foods store and see what they have and talk to your doctor about them. Same for the anti-depressants. The natural supplements might not work as strongly as your perscription meds, but they could help. And then to add to all this hippie-dippie advice :smileywink:, I would start taking a few minutes a day for yourself to meditate. There is an app called 'Simply Being' that might help you. Some yoga breathing added in will help too. Good luck!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
VLCenter

creyes1976.cr wrote:
So I'm 37 going on 38 I have a 3 1/2 yr old and I'm 10 weeks pregnant. I'm tired, crabby and very emotional. I was on anti depressents and meds for anxiety but had to stop, I also had to stop smoking. I'm so tired and feel like, an I crazy! What was I thinking? ! Then I feel Happy, Happy my son will have a sibling. Happy that my family will expand. .. I don't recall all these emotions while pregnant with my first, nor do I recall being to tired, and I'm hungry! Does anyone relate?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
VLCenter

I think the tiredness feelings is coming from too much of burden that you have in tems of work as well as being at home. I know, as a mother you cannot get rid of these works and you have to manage them somehow. What you can do is you may practice a little bit of yoga work out right in the morning to rejuvenate for a new day and I am sure it will work for you.

Please use plain text.
spellman129514

I can truly relate. I thought I was in a little shape but this child is truly taking my energy. I am 42 this time though. I was feeling all the emotions too but they seem to be leveling out when I think that I don't want to pass any of these traits to the baby. Take some quiet time to breathe.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 16 members 223 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: