07-19-2013 11:17 AM
07-19-2013 12:07 PM
I also wanted to add...make sure you get confirmation of your name change. If it keeps reverting back to the same screen, look at the top near where you entered your display name because you may have a message saying your name choice has already been taken...
07-19-2013 07:30 PM
07-20-2013 08:54 AM - edited 07-20-2013 08:54 AM
Im having the same issue as christine,
I know that method worked on the old site...but definitely not an option here. and I am on my laptop
07-22-2013 09:45 AM
Ok, I'm going to go through the process on my laptop and type the steps here as I do...
1) Go to www.parents.com
2) Look at the very top right of the screen, you should see a "login" option.
3) Click on "login"
4) Login with your Community username and password
5) Mine then says "Hi Christine" in the top right corner.
6) click on your name...for me I clicked on "Christine"
7) You should then be directed to your personal page. Look on the left a bit below the avatar picture and you should see an orange rectangle box that says "update my profile". Click on that...
8) It then takes you to another screen where there is the option to put your "member display name". Type your name preference there and then scroll to the bottom and click "submit". If you don't get a confirmation page but it instead redirects you to the same page, scroll up...it may be telling you that your username is already taken. Once you select one that is acceptable you should get directed to another page.
Let me know how it goes! If this doesn't, work, I definitely need to figure out which steps you aren't seeing so we can make sure we address it.