New Contributor
chadwalsh79

Toodler pretends to get arm stuck?

Hello, 

My daughter is two and when we were playing together, she pretended to get her arm stuck when I would stop.  At first I believed her, it wasn't until she the 2nd and 3rd time that I realized what she was doing.  Is this a sign that I am not paying enough attention to her?  I didn't realize that children would manipulate their parents this way at this age.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Re: Toodler pretends to get arm stuck?

Where was she pretending to get her arm stuck?  I think yes, kids this young can learn ways to get the attention of others even if it's in a negative way.

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chadwalsh79

Re: Toodler pretends to get arm stuck?

She has a little covered car that she scoots around in.  She was acting like her arm was stuck on the front console.  It shocked me because that was the first time it really hit me that I am not giving enough of my attention to her.  She has very little interaction with other kids.  The woman who watches her is an older woman that doesn't play with her.  So, when I get home it's "play time!!" but I am worn out by then.  I guess I need to just suck it up and give her the attention.

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 13 members 3,142 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: