New Contributor
bwt41

Potty Training.. HELP!

I have a 3 1/2 year old boy who is normally a great listener, but refuses to go potty when asked/wont let us know. About a year ago, he was all for it and excited about it. He was doing well for a few days and didn't have many accidents when we had him in underwear during the day. I'm not sure what exactly happend, but I think we had a situation where we were out all day and had him in a pull up instead (so I feel like this is all my fault). Now we can't get him to potty at all. Tried offering stickers and even offered a little gift bag of toys he can pick from when pooping in the potty, but still refuses. I think he is the only one in his class that is still wearing diapers everyday. I am so stressed, embarassed and frustrated. I don't know what to do at this point. Please help!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MrsSKbearmom

Re: Potty Training.. HELP!

I feel your pain! I posted about this not too long ago, but my son is a little younger than yours. I was having issues just getting him even interested in using the potty as it seemed he had no desire to even try. He turned 3 on June 1st and now, in mid-July, it is completely different. He is using the potty for #1, tells us when he has to go, and has gone #2 on the potty a few times. He still wears a diaper to sleep in and has a couple accidents, especially when he doesn't sit back far enough, or doesn't close his legs. So techincally he used the potty, but we still have to change clothes. :smileysad:

He goes to daycare and right around when turned 3 I started sending him to daycare in underwear. I went to a consignment store and bought several pairs of shorts and bought a big pack of plain undies. In the beginning there were some mornings he refused to put on underwear and weekends too. You just have to choose your battles. (like, ok, he hasn't pooped in a few days, just let him wear the diaper so maybe he will poop and then if he does, "change" his diaper and put underwear on) We had some accidents, some undies were threw away, but he is getting there.  I have an older daughter and have learned from other moms on here and from my friends that most boys are much more stubborn at potty training. Just be consistent and hang in there!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wendywaxx

This great book might help your son, if he's still having the issue. It's got flaps that are bathroom doors, and when opened, he'll get to see a fireman, pilot, astronaut, baseball player, policeman, construction worker, etc. sitting on the toilet! Basically, the idea is that these boys' heroes stop what they're doing when nature calls.

http://www.amazon.com/Even-Firefighters-Potty-Lift---Flap/dp/1416927204/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=14081...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
neoready

bwt41....I know what you mean. My son was a bed wetter until he was 10. Luckily there are options you can still try. Follow this link and see if it is something you could try...http://2c4cbaghfw9t5kcbf7wjb-es56.hop.clickbank.net/
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 18 members 2,149 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: