New Contributor
marriedandhappy30

Re: Picky Eater- by picky I mean…..

I'm having the same issue but I stopped worrying about it if they eat they eat if they don't they don't you can't stress yourself on the matter I leave the food out for 15 minutes and take it up if not eaten then 10 min later I warm if and put it back out eventually my 2 yr old son will eat gladly but it becomes a tiring full time job to try and find him a food he will eat and we can't do this everyday.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
marriedandhappy30

Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
marriedandhappy30

Any suggestions ladies or men ?
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
wsweeney64857

I"m an occupational therapist and I have taken some eating program workshops that address issues being expressed. When children's diets don't contain the vitamins necessary to assist in bodily functions (cognition, digestion, etc) it may be necessary to get an evaluation by a trained Speech/Language Pathologist or Occupational Therapist. I work with an autistic child who only eats carbs which places a tremendous stress on the pancreas/insulin production and elimination (BMs). The domino effect continues to affect behavior responses and stamina for other demands being placed on her. There are a couple approaches I know of : AEIOU developed by Nina Johanson and SOS (Sequential Oral Sensory) developed by Kay Toomey. You can google these for more information.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nellypoo57

My 2 year is a picky eater also. He started out loving all veggies, especialy the veggies pouches when he turned 2 hes become a picky eater, nothing but chicken and potatoes, apple sauce and juice. He still eats oatmeal, cereal and drink milk
Since Im trying to lose weight, ive been making smoothies of veggies and fruit which now my 2 year old loves too. Maybe you can try this, i thought it would be cheaper than buying toddler /kids veggie pouches
Posted from Generic Android
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
stacy67138

I LOVE the book "How to Get Your Kid To Eat...But Not TOO Much."  Authors have great things to say about offering healthy foods and eliminating pressure.

Please use plain text.
cursivequeen55

Stacy, Thank you for the suggestion. I will try a smoothie but the color may be an issue because currently she drinks water. I've been working soley on the eating piece so this would be another opportunity for me to provide more exploration with liquids.

Wendy

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 7 members 387 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: