kaceydillawalk

My almost 4 yr old is asking girls to take their clothes off- why and how to make him stop?

My son will be 4 next month. I've noticed him asking girls his age and young adult women to take their clothes off. My husband and I have been racking our brains to think where he could have heard this. I don't think he's seen anything on tv or heard my husband say something like this to me. He thinks its funny even though I've explained to him that getting undressed is a private thing and to not ask people to do this. Where could he have gotten this from and how do I get him to stop?! 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
iit.vani

Re: My almost 4 yr old is asking girls to take their clothes off- why and how to make him stop?

Hi,

I do not think your son has heard something that is related to the phrase that he is saying.

He might have heard that girls are different from boys and he wants to understand how.

I do not know what to suggest as a remedy but I know that kids wants to experiment on many things during their logic building years - including understanding of sex.

But I will definitely try to help you.

Regards,

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
nicolecasey987

Re: My almost 4 yr old is asking girls to take their clothes off- why and how to make him stop?

This is a normal behavior for such a kid. This will pass.

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 18 members 2,683 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: