Visitor
jonathan_415

Baby Gate for Stairs with Cats

Good Morning All!

I am a dad of twin girls, they are 11 months old and starting to get into everything.  Our house is too small for them but can't move at this time so we are baby-proofing everything.  The girls bedroom is upstairs and we have a single staircase.  We also have 2 cats which have their litter box upstairs in another room so they need to go upstairs whenever they need to.  My problem is that I need a baby gate for the top of my stairs so that the cats can come and go as they please but the girls can't get through the gate.  I have looked all over and the only gates I can find with a pet door the door is too big and kids can get through them.  I am sure someone has been in this boat, can anyone recommend a baby gate with a pet door that kids can't get through??

Thanks,

John

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
cassie186

Re: Baby Gate for Stairs with Cats

What about one of those baby gates that screw into the wall and then have the swinging door with slats rather than the more mesh type openings? Something like this? http://www.diapers.com/p/regalo-maxi-super-wide-walk-thru-gate-white-342727?ici=di_d_CBABImagetoPDP&... I think that most cats would be able to squeeze through or I know that it's still low enough (36") our cats could jump over.

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 1,445 members 245,484 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: