Occasional Contributor
mumsafari

At What Age Do You Start Your Kid on Reading?

Just curious about the above. Please share...

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
Emmys_Mom

Re: At What Age Do You Start Your Kid on Reading?

I look at this as a very gradual process. My husband and I have been reading to our daughter since the day she was born. We started showing her picture books when she was a baby and now we point out animals or objects in her board boards and then I'll point to the word. I know she won't be reading the words herself anytime soon, but I think making her comfortable with the concept is important. Good luck introducing your little one to reading. Let us know how it goes!

More on Making Reading Fun

Please use plain text.
Contributor
firstschool01

Every child's learning process differs from others. Some children learn very early and others learn later. You may help them learn to read byreading books aloud. Don't force your child to read,let your child set his/her own pace and have fun at whatever he/she is doing. 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
rajeshkumar

every child learrning prcess is differ from each other, My nephew start on reading in 5 yr.

Classteacher Learning Systems - Google Play Store | iTunes Play Store
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
kcpup23

I've been working with my 3yr old niece on picture books, like Emmys_mom. I also got her hooked on that ABCmouse.com it has some wonderful tools and she loves it. I believe they have programs for 2 1/2 yr old and up. Not 100% on that though. Kids are so different from one another my mom taught me from birth to adult to respect books and all they offer so of course I was eager to read by 3. Of course I made up the words, actual reading was a long process. English is one of the hardest languages to learn & understand. I think as long as they have that 'WANT TO' than it's a lot easier. By age 5 I could read simple stuff (See Spot Run) but now a days kids are learning so much more earlier.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 123 members 43,222 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: