Occasional Visitor
mariebrooklyn15

2 year old not sleeping! HELP!

I have a 2 year old son. I have shared a bedroom with him sense he was born. He has never liked sleeping in a crib at all! So he has always been in a toddler bed. Well for a while he was great at sleeping in his own bed and everything well i just recently got him a Mickey Mouse toddler bed and now its like he is scared of it. When i got the bed i made a big deal about his new bed. He goes to sleep at 8:30 everynight right after he has his bath. Well latley he has been like scared of his bed. He crys for 15-20 mins everynight. He also gets out of his toddler bed n walks to my bed n tires to lay in my bed. I pick him up and put him in his bed and tell him that this is his bed and that he needs to go back to sleep. Well it works but then he wakes up around 12am and tires for 4 hours to get into my bed! I need some advice and willing to try anything to get my sleep back!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
cassie186

Re: 2 year old not sleeping! HELP!

I kid you not the Good Night Sleep Tight book saved my sanity and also my toddler's life. The sleep lady shuffle worked really well for us and getting her to sleep reliably in her toddler bed. She also has a lot of lovies and I make sure to tuck them in with her at night and kiss them all goodnight. We also let her know that if she is good for bedtime and her nap the next morning, that she will be able to go to the park, zoo, indoor playplace, etc the next day and that will normally work. She figured out the positive reinforcement system really quickly and has only missed a few days of park/ play place time in the last couple months.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ellenmorano

try to incense the bed with Sandalwood Incense.  Maybe your child is very senstive and whatever energy is there is affecting your child.  When you light the incense, open the windows and maybe your child not in the house just to make sure that he is not allergic to the incense smoke.

If nobody is allergic to a Lavander Essential Oil wipe the bed with just a little of lavander oil all around the bed.

This is soothing and relaxing.

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ellenmorano

For you Marie, put a little lavander oil in your throat and the tummy ( the soft hollow in between the rid cage and the back of it).  Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sherrywhite1977

He might just not like his new bed

Please use plain text.
kellyhendrix75

He may not be comfortable in the new bed. Something that helped my child when my husband was out of town and he kept getting up because he was very worried was the book Star Flight's Bedtime Spaceship. He went right to sleep and has asked for that story each night since--that was 3 months ago. I don't think he's gotten up more than once or twice since we started using that story. I don't even read it anymore--just tell it to him from memory as he rests. You could also try changing the bed to resemble a space ship and tell him that it is time to get in bed to travel. The book is at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FKC1RH8

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 7 members 664 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: