New Contributor
kdeleest

2 1/2 year old pushing kids down

My daughter is 2 1/2 and I have just come to find out that she is pushing another little girl down at the babysitters. I found this out from the mother of the little girl who also happens to be a good friend of mine. She asked how I am diciplining her as she (the mom) is very concerned because her daughter came home with a bruise on her head. I told her that my daughter never behaves that way at home because we give her consequences, follow through and use repetition to make sure she understands what she did wrong. However I don't believe that our babysitter is doing the same. How am I to make sure that she is getting the appropriate discipline when i am not there? I have spoken to the babysitter in the past and she is in agreement with how to discipline but I don't believe she is doing it. I'm at a loss how to make sure my daughter behaves at the babysitter when I am not there. Any ideas?
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Lynda_Way

Re: 2 1/2 year old pushing kids down

Put hidden camras in rooms to check the activities in your absence. In this way you can actuly observe the activities of your babbysitter.

Pacific Preschool & Kindergarten is an administration running preschool in San Marcos, CA. We understand the needs of children, parents and staff as well.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kdeleest

I have thoughts about that. But she babysits at her house so it would be hard to do that in her home
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
cassie186

Honestly I think it is a stage and some kids are worse than others when they are away from home. My 2 1/2 year old wound up in time out for pushing like 5 times just yesterday. We repeat don't push, corporal punishment doesn't work, time outs do usually help. Some days are just worse than others. Remember at her age everything is still really ego centered, sharing isn't second nature yet, she's not at her house, and if the other kid is around the same age it usually happens more.
Posted from Motorola MOTXT912B
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kdeleest

Thanks. That makes me feel so much better knowing that. I think she is very well behaved but your right she is in a different atmosphere when she is home with us.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 838 members 151,144 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: