Occasional Visitor
missbrittany1023

new stay at home mommy needs advice from the pros

I'm a newly stay at home mom. I have a 3yr old little boy and a little princess on The way due Halloween. Also I'm a step mom to a 4yr old an a 6yr old. My main concern is having time to get all the house work done and cooking on top of juggling kids school homework and a newborn. I was just wondering if any stay at home moms have any advice or tips they can give me?? I'm new to all this. I was a single mom for so long and only had one kid now it's a big difference
Posted from Samsung SCH-I200
Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Re: new stay at home mommy needs advice from the pros

Hi!  I've been a sahm working from home for 9 years now.  I have a 9 year old boy, 5 year old girl and now 9 year old stepson :smileyhappy:

My trick for getting housework done is coming up with activites to keep them busy in spurts.  I admit, it was much harder when they were younger but now the boys pretty much entertain themself.  The 5 year old...not so much!  If it's a nice day out, I'll take her outside for a while to wear her out a bit then when we come in, she plays with her toys, reads books, etc. while I do chores. Or I will get her going on a craft in the kitchen while I'm doing dishes.  I do alot during her naptime.  She's special needs in many ways so she still naps everyday.  I love nap time lol.  You can try to find ways to include them in your chores and make it fun.  A chore/reward chart will help with that.  Crafts are fun, outdoor stuff like a baby pool with toys in it can be fun.  I'm drawing a blank on what all we do but I'll keep thinking on it. :smileyhappy:

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
HostTammy

Great ideas from Christine but I have to add that it just won't happen some days:smileyhappy:

I used to be as uptight as anyone could be when it came to having the laundry done, the beds made, the kitchen clean, you name it, it had to be clean and organized and tidy!

That all worked out really well while I had two kids. I even had dinner ready most nights. Fast forward to kid number three and something just had to give!

My kids are now 3, 7 and 9 and I am back on top of my game after a few years of givcing in to the madness.

I'm not saying that you have to throw in the towel, I'm just saying that you can only do what you can do :smileyhappy:

You will be fine and learn what works for you and your family.

I'm not into child labor, but let me tell you this......my 9 year old folds laundry and puts it away. I don't pay her, but she knows that when the house is clean, we can go do fun stuff. I don't mess around, if the house is clean, I get everyone out of it so it stays that way :smileyhappy:

Congratulations on your growing family and your new job of being a stay at home mom :smileyhappy:

Tammy

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
HostTammy

Christine,

I miss nap time :smileyhappy:

Tammy

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

I know...nap time rocks lol :smileywink:
~ Christine ~
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Oh yeah I'm not saying my house chores get done everyday. Being present and involved with the kiddos is much more important than housework :smileyhappy:
~ Christine ~
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
loveneet34624

I know...nap time rocks lol :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 12 members 687 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: