Regular Contributor
HostTammy

Summer Time is Bittersweet

I find myself almost as excited as the kids as the last day of school approaches. I think of the endless days we will spend lake front at beautiful Lake Tahoe and I can hardly stand the thought of making my kids attend the last week of school that is filled with field trips, games and things that require my active participation. I don't like pleading with the teachers to allow my 3 year old to tag along with all the third graders in order for me to take part in my older children's activities.

At last, summer is here! Good bye rules and H-E-L-L-O vacation. Well, this year it's a stay-cation for us. Wait a minute....rewind! What in the world was I thinking? Three long months of hot weather, no plans to go anywhere and three active kids that have a mom that made no summer plans....Yikes!

Lucky for me I am a quick witted mom that would rather fly by the seat of her pants than sit around and listen to kids fight over who was sitting where. The kids love it when I tell them they never know what tomorrow holds. They wake up to a new fishing pole and a can of worms and we are out of the house before they wipe the sleep out of their eyes for what could be the summers greatest adventure.

Bittersweet because I have had to kiss my me time good bye, but when I look at the smiles on those three little faces I gladly exchange my me time for we time. I am loving the time we spend together.

I blew it this year by not making plans but I won't blow making memories.

Happy summer everyone!

Tammy

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Re: Summer Time is Bittersweet

[ Edited ]

Sounds wonderful Tammy! Can we come stay at your house this summer? I'm home with 3 kiddos this summer. I wasn't sure what it would hold for us at first but so far we are having loads of fun. My 2 boys go to a PE program MWF mornings at the baseball academy they attend and they love it. This gives me and my daughter some time just the two of us. When the boys get home, we all go swimming, have lunch together and kind of fly by the seat of our pants from that point :smileyhappy:.  I am loving summer.  Suprisingly I am getting so much more done at home than I do when they aren't here!  I think it's because I'm not playing chauffer and having to leave every few hours to pick up a preschooler, then pick up the boys, etc. Yay for Summer!  Ask me how I feel again in about a month...LOL!

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
ModChristine

[ Edited ]

Oh and speaking of summertime...I think this pic is the epitome of the start of summer!  I took this of a family member of ours at a recent gathering.  He was loving sitting in the grass eating cold watermelon!  Of course, most of it ended up in his hair but it was all about the experience!

Summer1.jpg

~ Christine ~
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
HostTammy

Sounds great Christine and you are all welcome anytime, but you have the pool :smileyhappy:

I don't know who planned the length of summer vacation, but it ends up being perfect for moms and dads. It seems around the time we are ready for them to return to school, summer is coming to an end. It works out pretty well.

Good for you getting stuff done! I wish I could say the same.

Tammy

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

I agree, it's just the right amount of time :smileyhappy:  Our boys are still playing baseball too for at least another few weeks so that's keeps us busy in the evenings and many weekends as well.

~ Christine ~
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 228 members 32,179 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: