ModChristine

Do you have a cleaning and chore schedule for yourself?

[ Edited ]

I'm a stay at home/work at home Mom.  Some days I feel like I'm walking in circles not knowing where to start on the housework/chores.  I'm wondering how many others have a routine they stick to...like doing bathrooms on certain days, floors certain days, etc.?  Help me get organized in my cleaning please lol

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aequintan08

Re: Do you have a cleaning and chore schedule for yourself?

We have a chore schedule for our 4 year old and I have a weekly schedule for myself. I put it in a pretty frame and am able to use dry erase markers on the glass so I can check things off as I go. I find it helpful if we do a quick house pick up every night so when I go to do the actually cleaning I can get right to it and don't have to do both jobs at once or move stuff out of my way as I go. It also means less things we are tripping over :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
lawlessk85

[ Edited ]

I put together a chore chart for my 10 & 13 yr old. They didn't really clean before so as incentive we offer $5 a week for doing all your chores everyday. If they miss a chore it's minus $1, if they want to opt out of chores for only one day it's minus $10 from what they have saved up. They are to use their money for things they want, such as a specific snack, getting toys, and make up (my daughter). 

I feel that giving them some amount of money is important in teaching them how handling money really works, how to save money, and to determine what is a need and what is a want. It also helps them to understand that you work hard for money to and in turn may be more willing to use their own money for things instead of asking you for it.

You could also try other things as a reward for completing their jobs and doing them correctly by a trip to the park, going to a family movie, etc. The reward can of course be what ever you think will work best with your child/children.

Having the kids do 2-4 chores a day (bedroom included) takes a lot of the work off you. That way you have more time for that hot soaking in a bath tub that your feet have been begging for.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
cassie186

I use flylady and she tells me what to do. Otherwise my house is a disaster zone and I don't know where to start :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
jennalawson191

No schedule just yet, but perhaps I will when my daughter gets older. My biggest fear about schedules is that you become a slave to them, and that it creates anxiety if it is not adhered to. I handle chores when they need my attention. I feel it is less stressful to live that way.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
lawlessk85

I thought a schedule would be hard as well. However, I have found that if you over estimate the time frame you have extra time throughout the day so you don't have to follow it to the T, and can add things in if neccessary. I use a public bus system so if I leave the house at all it's an automatic 2 hours away from the house. If I get home sooner great, if not oh well no harm done. Grocery shopping is another 2 hour window because I hate being rushed and always forget something, since I walk to the grocery store I'd rather just get it all in one trip.

The beauty of it is that the schedule is done as you see fit. It will help to be realistic about time frames. Always account for an emergency, traffic, or just some relaxation time.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
moriahgarza

I do certian chores on certian days, like bathrooms on Monday, kitchen on Tuesday ect..it helps keep me from getting overwhelmed.
Posted from Generic Android
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 6 members 895 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: