ModChristine

Hi from a Mom to a sweet girl with special needs :)

[ Edited ]

Hi there :smileywink: Many of you know me from the Community...I've been around here in some shape or form for over 11 years now.  However, most don't know I am the Mom to a beautiful, amazing, special needs little girl.  I'll address her as "E" in my posts.  If you are here and reading this you may know of a special needs child, have a family member who is special needs or parent one of these amazing children (or adults!).  E has a very rare gene mutation which results in Koolen de-Vries Syndrome. This syndrome is rarely new as it was only founded in 2006.  There are two type of KdVS and E is one of 10 in the world currently diagnosed with the gene mutation and not the chromosome deletion.  E was diagnosed at the age of 5 years old.  Up until that point, she was a mystery to us and her doctors.  E is in mainstream Kindergarten with an aid.  She has numerous medical issues and currently receives speech, occupational and physical therapy.  Would love to hear from others with special needs children in their life!

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
Emmys_Mom

Re: Hi from a Mom to a sweet girl with special needs :)

Christine,

Thank you for sharing some of your story. In getting to know you over the past couple of years I must say that E is lucky to have you for a mom! Keep us updated as you and the doctors find out more about KdVS.

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Re: Hi from a Mom to a sweet girl with special needs :)

[ Edited ]

Thanks so much :smileyhappy:  She's an amazing little girl :heart: I'm super excited that we are having a gathering for KdVS families in July that my family will be attending.  It will be our first time to meet other children with E's syndrome and their families!

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 107 members 33,701 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: