Regular Contributor
HostTammy

How Do You Meet Friends?

I have a friend that is a single mom and has a hard time meeting friends because she is always working or always taking care of kids. How do you single moms out there meet friends?

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Re: How Do You Meet Friends?

When I was a single Mom, I met friends through church, Facebook through other friends, weekend kid activities such as festivals, library time, etc.

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
HostTammy

Great ideas Christine! By the way, where did you meet your husband?

I met my husband through my sister. It was a whirlwind romance and he asked me to marry him two weeks after dating. We have been married 13 years.

Recently we have a few friends that are ready to mingle after divorce. My husband and I are throwing a BB-Q 4th of July party on the sneaky side. I'm inviting all of my single lady friends and he is inviting his  eligible bachelor friends.

I can't wait to see if we can make a match :smileyhappy:

Tammy

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

How fun!  You'll have to let us know how it turns out!

My husband and I met through baseball.  Our boys are only 7 months apart and both boys were invited to be on the same select baseball team.  We started out as just parents on a baseball team and about 6 weeks into it, our boys starting playing matchmaker!  The rest is history :smileyhappy:

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
joygcoupons

Ladies, you have the most wonderful stories!  I met my husband at work... we were 5 year officemates.  I resigned for work and when we bumped into each other in a mall after a few weeks after I quit it only took us a couple of months to get to know each other and got married.

Please use plain text.
mogie227

My husband and I have known each other since we were 7, our families used to hang out every Friday night. We went our separate ways in Junior high and high school but we have 3 beautiful girls and have been married for 3 years.

We just have trouble finding more friends our age that we both enjoy hanging out with and who also have kids.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
HostTammy

mogie,

I love that you have known each other since childhood!

I dated a man that I have known since second grade, that was in my 20's. I'm now in my 40's and he and I are still great friends.

I ended up meeting my husband through my sister, they dated for a short time in high school and remained friends for a long time after that.

Life is funny!

Tammy

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 11 members 199 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: