Regular Contributor
HostTammy

Easier or Harder Being a Single Mom?

[ Edited ]

I have a few friends that Say it's easier being a single mom than they thought it would be. A few even enjoy it.

I have also heard a few friends say that they wish they had someone to share their life with and someone to help out with raising kids and household duties.

What do you prefer?

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Re: Easier or Harder Being a Single Mom?

[ Edited ]

I have experienced both sides.  It is easier in many ways being married, having a partner to share your day with, share the load with etc.  However, I also did pretty ok as a single Mom.  I don't mind being alone and having time to myself and I had more one-on-one time with my kids as a single Mom.  I think there are easy and hard parts to both.

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
HostTammy

[ Edited ]

When life gives you lemons......right Christine :smileyhappy:

I bet you make a great single mom, a great married mom, a great working mom and a great stay at home mom! You just make the best of it!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Lynda_Way

Raising a child can be difficult under any circumstances. Without a partner, the stakes are even higher. As a single parent, you might have sole responsibility for all aspects of day-to-day child care. Juggling work and child care can be financially difficult and socially isolating. You might also worry about the lack of a male or female parental role model for your child. But you can reduce your stress by showing your love to your kid, create a routine for him helps in know what to expect, prioritize your family time and find quality child care or preschool. But for a married couple responsibilities are divided among them. So it becomes easier for them.

Pacific Preschool & Kindergarten is an administration running preschool in San Marcos, CA. We understand the needs of children, parents and staff as well.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
beccalilbit

I can agree with both sides of this. It is nice to have it all your way without needing to consult someone else. But it does get pretty lonely crawling into bed alone every night. 

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 17 members 9,574 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: