Occasional Contributor
Bubblebug17

Terrified of miscarriage

I am so excited to be pregnant!  I can't wait until September to have this wonderful baby in my life.  I am just so scared of miscarrying.  I just had a miscarriage in July and I am terrified it is going to happen again.  How is everyone getting through these first 12 weeks?  Are you doing anything that helps keep your mind off of the possibility of miscarrying?

New Contributor
mommymommysandy

Re: Terrified of miscarriage

Hi.  I'm Sandy.  My due date is 9/9.  I'm 42 years old and have been prego 2 times before, with 2 miscarriages.  I'm also terrifed of something going wrong.  I read a statistic, though...even if you've had 2 miscarriages, you are 80% likely to carry to fulll term.  I'm not sure if something like that would help you, but I'm just holding on to 80%.

Sandy
New Contributor
rodeocowgirl012

I know that miscarriage can be terrifying, I lost my first pregnancy at 12 weeks and when you are trying so hard to get that perfect little bundle of joy it is heart wrenching. During my second pregnancy I was a nervous wreak until after the end of the first trimester. I am not doing that to myself again, it is not good for yourself or your unborn child to put that kind of stress on yourself. You have to remember that you have a blessing no matter what and you are a mother already. Love and care for that child no matter what and try to enjoy every moment and milestone instead of stressing and things will go a lot smother.
Posted from Apple iPad
Occasional Contributor
EmmysMum

While I have not had a miscarriage before, I have been trying with my husband to conceive for nearly 2 years.  My first baby was conceived 2 weeks after I stopped taking the pill so 2 years of negative pregnancy tests had me convinced something was wrong. Finally we find out we're pregnant and like you, I'm terrififed something bad will happen. The thing I'm doing to get myself through it is just be calm. I'm trying my best not to get stressed out and worry too much, that can only makes things worse. 

I think having a forum like this can help relieve day to day stress and worries as we all now have an outlet for those fears. We're all in the same boat here, literally, and I'm sure you'll get a lot of support. 

New Contributor
WishingWell0914

Oh Bubblebug - we are in the same boat. I was pregnant last June and miscarried in August.  That was my husband's and my first pregnancy. We saw the heartbeat a bit after 6 weeks then found out the baby stopped growing at 7w5d. That completely threw me.  After that I had what folks call a chemical pregnancy, so this is basically our third pregnancy without any previous success (we don't have any children). I too and terrified of another miscarriage, but the husband and I have made plans for what we will do next if we do miscarry, so I feel that keeps me grounded.  Today is my first ultrasound....i'm so nervous. I think I'll be excited once I get out of the first trimester.

Occasional Contributor
Bubblebug17

Yes we are totally in the same situation.  My husband and I heard the heartbeat at 8 weeks and then I miscarried at 11 weeks.  It is hard not to worry when thats the only experience I have.  I wish you luck and I hope your ultrasound went well!

New Contributor
jessica031094

I miscarried may of 2013. Wasn't expecting to get pregnant again anytime soon but it happened and we're happy! I miscarried at 5 weeks I am now 7 weeks but I still get scared from time to time and it still pops in my head. But through this pregnancy I've learned to stay a lot more calm than the rest. I am doing Pilates and yoga to help me relax also. I'm going to be afraid until this baby is born, I don't think its something that will ever go away, just be happy that you have another opportunity to bring such a wonderful baby into this world! Take it day by day and stay away from stress.
Posted from Android 4.3
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 9 members 604 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: