Contributor
cwalker504

Beta HCG levels

I have a question and I hope someone out there can help.  I am 6 weeks pregnant today.  However, on my beta HCG test at 5 weeks my level was considered high at over 30,000.  My doctor said not to worry its not a bad thing she was actually pleased.  But my concern is a possible multiple gestation.  Twins are considered normal in my family and in my husband's family.  My husband is actually a twin.  I have researched and researched but can't find any definite information on high hcg levels.  As anyone else experienced this?  Are multiples possible?  

My first ultrasound is scheduled but not for a few days.  I am excited and curious.  Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.  Thanks!!!

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Re: Beta HCG levels

Hi there!  Maybe this will help?  Your level looks to be a tad high for 5 weeks but not if you were 6 weeks...

HCG.jpg

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cwalker504

Thank you for the response. My doctor is monitoring me closely. I saw her at 6 weeks 1 day and they are still elevated. I measuring exactly as I thought so they are high. I have another sono scheduled in 2 weeks. Family history has me concerned for twins. So we will do ultrasounds routinely. I have my second ultrasound at 8 weeks, 1 day.
Posted from Android 4.3
Please use plain text.
ModChristine

I'll be anxious to hear how your next ultrasound goes :smileyhappy:
~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cwalker504

thank you.  I will be sure to keep you posted.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
WishingWell0914

It doesn't matter if twins run in your husbands family, just yours. If twins run in your family, it suggests that you too may ovulate with two eggs (hence why it only matters if twins run in the mom's family).  How exciting of a possibility :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
rkp513

I was at 40,000 at 5 weeks, 4 days & only have 1 baby in there according to the last 2 ultrasounds!  I was worried about a molar pregnancy (which I had in August) or twins but no issues discovered so far (9 weeks at my last u/s Tuesday).

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 8 members 514 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: