New Contributor
buffalo_gal

UTI in daughter

My daughter has been having reoccurring UTI symptoms since March.  The pediatrician and urologist have seen her, they have tried antibiotics, medication to clean out her stool (something about constipation and inflammation causing symptoms, diet and fluid.  Noting seems to work.  Anyone have an experience like this?  They just did an ultrasound and blood work today just waiting on the results.

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Re: UTI in daughter

I had recurring UTI's as a child.  It turned out it was the bubble bath in my baths and/or the soap I was using in the bath.  How old is your daughter? 

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
buffalo_gal

She is 8.  We have made it a point since she was little not to give her bubble baths because of that little problem.  We are just so tired of her not feelling well and even having accidents when she has a uti because she can't make it to the bathroom.  Just trying to help her before the school year starts again.

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Poor thing...I feel for her.  I had issues with making it to the bathroom in time also when I had my UTI's as a child.  I do hope you get some answers soon.  What type of soap does she bathe with?

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
HostTammy

How misserable! I would think that doctor knows best and would be able to give you some sound advice as well as what to avoid and what might help solve the problem.

Christine might be on to something as well. I remember my daughter having a problem like that and it turned out to be the bubble bath. Look at the back of the bottle of soap you are using and you may find a warning. I know that Mr. Bubble has a warning on their bottle.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jessa_dauer

When front-loading washing machines first came out (before high efficiency laundry detergent) my brother was having the same issue because all the soap wasn't coming out of his underwear when my mom washed them. You may want to check the type and amount of laundry soap you are using and make sure it matches up with your washing machine.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
tonya.mayfield

We've dealt with "UTI's" since my daughter was almost 4! She had been potty trained (day and night) for 5 months! Then woke up in screaming pain...all they found was bacteria in urine and said UTI...we've been dealing with symptoms for nearly 2 yrs...accidents during the day, bed wetting every night!! Just recently the urologist concluded that he felt that a bacteria got up in there somehow and it had to be flushed out...she's almost 6 now and I can't get her to drink the recommended amount of water so we can't seem to rid ourselves of this!! The nurse did recently tell me it was not an actual UTI....it was the same bacteria showing up every time and the antibiotics were making it fight stronger! He advised us to not put her on any antibiotic unless absolutely necessary (strep, ect...)...there is a name for this but I can't remember it now..,not sure this is your daughters issue but thought I'd share our story!!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 10 members 402 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: