New Contributor
jessa_dauer

Re: UTI in daughter

Also, my 4 year old nephew was recently having frequent urination issues (he was going every 2-3 mins all day long). After some scans they determined he was really backed up and it was putting pressure on his bladder. His parents now give him miralax and more fiber rich foods daily and it seems to have fixed the problem. Hope they figure out what's going on with your daughter soon!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
morrillz

From a mom who is very sensitive herself here are a few recommendations to consider:
- very mild bath soap non parfume like oil of Olay (not dove)
- non scented laundry detergent with non allergens
- cotton panties change daily and after showering every time
- frequently drinking water (70 oz. daily). Consider purchasing a kangen water machine which has helped our digestion and overall health greatly and functions on a PH system you can email me for my water educators contact info at morrillz@yahoo.com
- drinking cranberry juice 1/2 glass daily or cran-raspberry if too tart
- make sure she can relax when using restroom and that she is not avoiding going due to the association of pain
- increase fiber with fruits with skin on them
- remove gluten from her diet due to additional yeasts
- consider having her see a therapist, hypnotist, tap therapy or meditation to deal with the emotional side and need for the body to relax
- eat one large single serving of a flavored Greek yogurt with probiotics daily
- eat broccoli, pineapple, papaya and other healthy foods that promote digestion or purchase a dietary supplement like papaya enzymes
- use charming strong which does a very clean wipe and make sure she's wiping front to back and ends up clean and dry
- take showers no baths
- try sprinkling panties with powder before bed lightly, I use balmex prevention baby powder
~Best of luck
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
morrillz

(-use Charmin strong)
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
morrillz

Oh and check her urine for cloudiness will be more cloudy at first urination but ideally clear later into day. Have her take a multivitamin daily but if taking a multi urine will be cloudy thereafter. drink coconut or almond milk instead of cow milk basically use goat cheese and avoid traditional dairy except kefir and Greek yogurt.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
saredat

Cranberry juice no sugar added 6oz two times a day, aspergrass with evening meal
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
markcindy3000

I havent noticed anyone mention hygene, ( borrowing hubs fb),

"wipe front to back"( wiping only 1 time).

I never had an UTI. have her be extra careful when wiping changing and keeping things clean.. maybe even "mini shower" after #2.

switch to eco soaps, nature clean etc etc, nothing w the usual ingredients: purfumes/fragrances/colours etc... in general these are toxic.

and have lots of bio yogart ( especially after antibiotics) and  cranberry juice, drink a lot/urinate a lot... as some others have said.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
tonya.mayfield

Yes our pediatrician did mention the wiping thing and my daughter does wipe correctly (thankfully). But I do think some people are more susceptible to UTI's because I've never had one either.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 806 members 102,572 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: