Occasional Visitor
amandaemmag

Moving with kids after recent move

Hi,

I need a little advice, not sure if I am being too overprotective.  We moved last July, it was a big move for us, first time for me to move away from family.  My oldest daughter who is now 8 took it very hard, we had a rough summer.  She was violent and angry, hitting me and her younger sister.  She is in such a good place now, loves her school and friends she has made.  We are still within driving distance from our old home so we are able to visit often.  My husband has a job offer out of state that is very good, it would fix our financial problems, we could buy a house and we currently rent.  It is a remote area and a plane ride away from family but my biggest concern is moving my kids again so soon, just when they seem settled.  I hate to seem them hurt - any advice or mom's in similiar situations?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Re: Moving with kids after recent move

That's tough.  My friend went through the same thing.  It wasn't easy.  Only you can make the decision and know what's best for your family and your child.  I understand needing to do what's best for your family financially.  I wish I had a great answer for you but I think it's going to be tough either way.  Best of luck in your decision.

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
kmackaben

I'm in same situation. We moved less than two years ago far away from family which was really hard. Now that the kids are settled and love it here, we're moving again. i feel terrible, but the move is necessary. The kids are devastated. Not sure what to do to make it better.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
calmestica2

I can totally related. This is my 3rd move in the last year in half. I know it's hard on you but it's harder on the kids, the only differences is that kids are Resilient (of course they are going to be unhappy n mad but they will overcome it and adjust, just fine). You just need to talk to them and be honest and let them express their feelings and no matter what you love them and are going to do what best for the family
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
ModChristine

amandaemmag just checking on you...did you decide to make the move?  How are your kids doing?

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Please use plain text.
moniquevantol

Hey... kids are very sensitive to the emotional mood the parents are in. Of course it isn't fun to move so quickly again. Especially because your daughter had such a hard time. And you are barely settled where you are now.
My daughter was going through a tough time too when we moved from overseas. I was wondering why, as she normally is so sweet. In the end we've figured out, she was responding to my emotions, that I unconsciously showed to her. 16 months later we had to move overseas again. It went easier, because I am controlling my emotional roller coaster better.

I agree with the earlier comment. Only you can make the decision of what is right. For us it helped to be aware of our own emotions. We talk about it with our kids. It's ok if you don't like it, but what can you do to grab the positive of the move. What is in it for her?
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 7 members 604 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: