maxwelle.80

Hugging daddy... When is it inappropriate, or is it?

Our daughter is 6. She loves daddy very much & they have an awesome relationship (he's wrapped around her finger). Ha. Anyway, she was hugging him in bed this morn, which put her in more of a "straddle" like position. This made me really uncomfortable, so I moved her legs away, but I wonder if I feel this way only because of an experience that traumatized me when I was young (saw someone attempt to molest my sister).
What are your thoughts or experiences? Thanks in advance!!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
CorissiaL

Re: Hugging daddy... When is it inappropriate, or is it?

I think that your feelings are due to your traumatic experience. I don't think there was anything inappropriate about what you described. Sounds like they have a loving and trusting relationship. It will only confuse your daughter to tell her she can’t hug her daddy anymore. As she gets older, her way of expressing affection physically will become more restrained on it’s own.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
kjd0508

[ Edited ]

Edited

Please use plain text.
kfitzy24149

First off, I'm sorry that you witnessed that situation when you were a child (and that it happened at all)! Secondly, you don't want to scare your daughter or make her believe that affection to her daddy is wrong. I have three boys, and they like to sit that way on me. I don't think much about it really, but I think it definiately stems from that experience from your childhood. If it makes you feel uncomfortable though, maybe you can tell your husband about that, and when your daughter runs into the bedroom, she can jump in between the two of you instead of on top of your husband? 

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 458 members 92,129 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: