Occasional Contributor
ybnmts

Daughter's safety

I'm Vybhav and I'm a stay at home dad. I'm particularly concerned/paranoid about my kid's safety when she's either travelling to school or her friend's house and I was thinking of implementing some sort of location tracking/parental control mechanism, atleast untill she turns 14-15.

I was wondering if I'm alone in the way I think? How do you deal with a situation like this? Let's say your kid's start going to school on the school bus and you'd like to ensure that he's left the school on time, on the right bus, travelling on the right route,etc. I would LOVE to hear your thoughts on this matter too.

If you have implemented any solutions? What are they and what are they missing?

Cheers,

Vybhav

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Re: Daughter's safety

How old is your daughter?
~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Lynda_Way

We as parents would like to watch over our children 24-hours a day, thereby, ensuring our children's safety. However, this is unrealistic. Therefore, along with educating the children with the numbers and letters, they should be taught about what is safe and what is not.

Pacific Preschool & Kindergarten is an administration running preschool in San Marcos, CA. We understand the needs of children, parents and staff as well.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Lynda_Way

We as parents would like to watch over our children 24-hours a day, thereby, ensuring our children's safety. However, this is unrealistic. Therefore, along with educating the children with the numbers and letters, they should be taught about what is safe and what is not.

Pacific Preschool & Kindergarten is an administration running preschool in San Marcos, CA. We understand the needs of children, parents and staff as well.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
silks52

There is an app you can get on your daughter's iphone/tablet if she has one which lets parents monitor EXACTLY where our kids are, maybe that's a non-intrusive method of staying safe. I agree, kids are at risk even in a "safe" neighborhoods on public transport.

Educational Toys
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 5 members 540 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: