ModChristine

Asthma

As an adult who has asthma myself, I know how scary it can be to have my asthma flare up.  My children do not have asthma but a friend of mine's son does.  Thought I would post this for any parents, friends or family of children with asthma (as always this is not a substitute for your doctor's orders/advice)...

http://www.parents.com/health/asthma/how-to-manage-your-childs-asthma/?sssdmh=dm17.675955&esrc=nwpdb...

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
HostTammy

Re: Asthma

Asthma can be very scary for an adult or child! My nephew struggles with this. He comes to stay with me for a week at a time during the summer. I give him his treatments every day and his mom says he always seems better for a few days when he comes home. I am convinced that it is something in their house that is making it worse for him.

Great information, thanks for sharing!

Tammy

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Re: Asthma

There are so many asthma triggers that sometimes it's hard to identify them.  I was sitting at my son's baseball game and all of a sudden I couldn't catch my breath and felt like someone was sitting on my chest.  I grabbed my rescue inhaler and some water and I was fine.  I think it was all the dust being stirred up at home plate that got me.  I've gone to hundreds of his games but this is the first time it triggered it like that. 

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 100 members 30,146 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: