New Contributor
powercouple78

stuffy nose

i need anyone to tell me what i can use for this stuffiness and nose running. i can barely get any sleep at night. i am 21 weeks and 5 days pregnant. thank you in advance

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
cassie186

Re: stuffy nose

I started using a neti pot or sinus irrigator in college while I was dealing with chronic sinus issues (turns out it was probably from a mold allergy but anyways...). It takes a little getting used to but is 100% safe, all you do is basically squirt saline water up one nostril and everything comes out the other side, then blow your nose and repeat on the other side. It's totally gross, it's totally weird the first little while you do it, and if you're really clogged up sometimes it doesn't even come out the other nostril but out your mouth instead. But I promise you feel so much better after you do the irrigation.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
powercouple78

thank you
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
TeaBee

[ Edited ]

The netipot is good for folks who don't have deviated septum issues; if you do however, you may want to talk to your doctor. I was one of those unfortunate souls that tried it and ended up with multiple Eustachian tube infections because the neti pot drained there instead of out the other side. My doctor told me to stop using it, immediately after the 3rd ear infection. I never had an ear infection before or after that experience.

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 10 members 472 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: