Sesamebaby

Water Birth in Chicago

I am planning for water birth in Chicago and due in Jan 2014.I am with North Western Memorial (NWH) till now.Somehow I dont have confidence if they can deal with natural birth with no medication.Shifted to Midwife in NWH and not satisfied much.Always my questions are answered with hurry and one word.It's a baby factory.NWH midwives offer water birth but they dont have seperate rooms and before delivery they will fix tub in the room :smileysad:

Visited West suburban hospital in Oak park.Midwives are really good but the birthing place looks old.After touring lot other hopitals like NWH,UIC,Rushmore & Swedish Covenant....Surely the old carpet smells,old equipment makes me to rethink back if I can stick to West Suburban Hospital.If my insurance can pay for any hospital,why should I comprise for lower facilities.

Liked NWH hospital facilities but C section and medical Intervention looks high here.West Suburban is good but in case water birth opts out for my case then I have to undergo that hospital's old equipment for medical intervention.

UIC,Rushmore,Swedish Covenant dont offer water births.I visited them looking into old reviews but they dont offer any more.Mostly I see old reviews on websites looks like things has changed a lot recently.

Did anyone had water births recently in NWH or West Surban Hospital or any other hospitals.I stay in Chicago downtown.

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 35 members 351 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: