New Contributor
ruizmarisa55

Ureaplasma&mycroplasma while pregnant

I am 20weeks pregnant. So far everything has been good. My dr. Checked me for any std/infections and my test came back positive for Ureaplasma. The dr. Gave me an antibiotic (ZPack) I took it for 10 days. I got re tested and I still have it. I'm very concerned about my baby. My dr. Doesn't know much about this infection. Every time I ask she just says I'm fine and everything will b ok. But I've done some research and a lot of women that have experienced being pregnant with this infection say VERY negative things. In most cases they gave birth anywhere from 18weeks to 30weeks but in a lot of cases the babies didn't make it for over a week because they wernt developed full term. Or they were fine but they had some sort of handicap. IF ANYONE HAS ANY ADVICE OR HAS ANY KNOWLEDGE OR EXPERIENCE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!! I've been stressing out so much I need help, I don't know what to do.
Thank u, ❤Marisa
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
malbertson88

Re: Ureaplasma&mycroplasma while pregnant

I did my research on this and a lot of people get a second opinion because it happens to 30% of pregnancies. And most of them are false readings. Although this is a serious infection from what I read most woman say your not supposed to take any antibiotics for it while your pregnant as it can cause harm to the baby. I'm not trying to scare you but a lot of women have had false readings. So in my opinion I'd get retested and try not to stress because stressing can cause complications too. Good luck and I wish you the best!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 5 members 271 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: