Occasional Visitor
sineadah88

Unable to eat & loosing weight

Hello everyone,

This is my first pregnancy, and I am 5 weeks pregnant. The past 5 days have been hurrendous for me. I haven't been able to eat anything, and what I do eat I end up throwing up anyway. I am getting some fluids in me, but probably not enough. All food and drink just seem repulsive to me. I don't know what to do cause I don't want my babies development to be affected by this. Any advice/tips you ladies can give me would be awesome!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
cassie186

Re: Unable to eat & loosing weight

My second pregnancy my morning sickness was by far the worst. I did end up starting meds around 4 or 5 weeks with her. I was never put on zofran but instead did the vit b6/ unisom cocktail.

The drug in unisom tabs has been used for morning sickness in women for over 50 years and is very safe to take during pregnancy. It doesn't cross the placenta but it should help keep food down.

The other enormous thing that I have learned- drink more water. It is WAY worse when you are dehydrated. It is really hard to get water down at first especially when you feel like it will come back up (and it probably is coming back up already anyways) but I think that is the main reason this is the only pregnancy that I have actually been able to discontinue meds after the first trimester. Even if the only thing you can get down is juice or gatorade, it does help ease the nausea and vomiting and can be the difference between being miserable at home or miserable getting fluids at the hospital.

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 1,384 members 166,497 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: