Contributor
nessa3678

Told I was 4 weeks 5 days but thought I was 5 weeks 5 days! Very nervous!

I took a home pregancy test on March 14th and it was positive.  I immediatly set up an appointment with my docotor.  At that time I typed in the first day of my last period on a pregnancy calander website and it said that was 4 weeks and was due on November 17th.  I set my appointment up for March 25th which would have put me at 5 weeks five days. I went in for my appointment Tuesday and all the doctor saw was a sack.  He said everything apperaed to look normal and all the symptoms I'm having are all the right sympotms a pregnant woman producing harmones should have.  He estimated that I was 4 weeks 5 days and said it was just to early to see anything.  I am not have any bleeding or cramping at all but am still worried.  How could I have been a whole week off?  I go back on April 15th for another ultrasound and praying all day and night we get a little bug with a heartbeat!  Has something like this happened to anyone out there?

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Re: Told I was 4 weeks 5 days but thought I was 5 weeks 5 days! Very nervous!

I had something similar happen.  I went in at 6.5 weeks pregnant and my dr. only saw an empty sac on ultrasound.  I was positive of my dates.  I even knew the day I conceived.  Even my HCG level and progesterone were low which indicated my dates were off.  I had another ultrasound at 7.5 weeks and still an empty sac.  I was diagnosed with a blighted ovum and my Dr. wanted to schedule a D&C.  I chose to wait and "miscarry" on my own.  I went back in at 9.5 weeks pregnant to see how the "miscarriage" was progressing and to everyone's shock they saw a baby!!!  She was measuring about 5 days small but they said the ultrasound machine can be off by 5 days. 

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
cassie186

[ Edited ]

I went in at 8 weeks according to the calender with this current pregnancy and they couldn't find anyone home. If you are super worried you can ask for a 48 hour blood test where you go in for hcg draws around 48 hours apart and that amount should double. I went in for another u/s a couple weeks later and my dates were adjusted a full 4 weeks, which actually sort of supported what we figured happened. My OB office won't typically do u/s earlier than 8 or 9 weeks because the baby is so small the machine can't normally find them before then unless they are really cooperative, and they also said nothing is really visible even on a really sensitive u/s before 6 weeks at the earliest.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nessa3678

Thanks! Went back to doc today because I had cramping and spotting this weekend. Well it was there with a heartbeat and I'm now measuring 6 weeks 1 day which is closer to what I had thought. :smileyhappy:
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
ModChristine

So glad!

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 1,302 members 200,213 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: